Yesterday I was reading Philipians 3 where Paul talks about how he suffered the loss of all things to make Christ his ultimate treasure.
Today as I went to Tim Hortons I saw an old man cursing at nobody by the library. I had the urge to go and talk to him, but was too afraid. My steps felt heavier and heavier as I walked away, head bowed low and trying not to look at him.
As I walked away, feeling guilty, I thought, man I know the gospel, and the old man needs to know God's love, it is my responsibility. Then I started to question myself, why am I afraid? I had to acknowledge the truth that I have not suffered the loss of all things. I still place my own reputation above the need for people to know God, the fear of being humiliated still overcomes my faith in God.
It was an humbling experience. I need God's mercy. I am one of small faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment