Recently I've been spending a lot of time studying with a friend. I prayed for opportunities to share the gospel, and it's been a really humbling experience.
It started off badly when somehow we started talking about philosophical concepts on how human interpret truth, our conversation became more and more heated and we talked until 1 or 2 am when the next day he has to work and I have school. Basically it was brutal when I tried to play the intellectual game. I felt really sad and stupid that night, and I realized I did not trust in God during the conversation with my friend.
Thankfully, God listened to my prayers and more opportunities came up the following few days. I was able to tell him Christianity is not about being a good person, how we are all accountable and sinful before God, how there will be judgment after death, and how Jesus is our only hope. I've learned that it is joyful when I faithfully speak truth from the Bible instead of trying to be sneaky and all intellectual, the fight is not with the intellects of the unsaved, but heart and spirit, and Satan's lies and control over this world.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
This fight is not ours to win, but God's, he is the author of faith, and he is able to save to the uttermost.
No comments:
Post a Comment