I used to be under pressure to get married, I made a goal to have kids before 28... Now looking back I was pretty silly, and did a lot of foolish things, bought into many lies: "It is better to marry than burn with passion" means marriage will cure my problem with lust and pornography, and "He who does not marry does better" thinking singleness was somehow a more spiritually superior state.
Oh ya, there's also this tendency to poke around with relationships with the opposite sex, sometimes thinking if I went to this event my wife might be there, or thinking "is she the one for me?" "Does she like me?" That was pretty foolish for me to do as well.
Now I'm at peace. I do want to get married because it'll be a beautiful thing, but even if I don't get married I'm content with having Christ.
Brother Charles shares some really good wisdom and advice in this podcast. Pursue Christ while you are single, and God will wake you up when he brings your spouse to you.
We definitely all do that. haha.
ReplyDeleteI really hope I can come to that point soon. haha. As much as I sometimes think that I will be fine without being married, I think about it way too much and am probably still not actually fine with it yet.